A regular check up on your participant's failed payments is highly recommended. Members with failed payments will not appear on the team lists to compete. This also means your clubs and associations are missing fees owed.
You will see in the finance module a box displaying the amount of pending/failed payments. Pending payments will display for any members who are paying by instalments as all future fees owed will show as pending and any members paying via direct debit will display as pending for up to 7 days after registration. If they are still showing as pending beyond 7 days, please contact us at support.
Failed registrations can be cleared in different ways. Members can retry the payment themselves, you can retry the payment on their behalf or you can collect the failed fees offline directly to your club or association. If the member's payment has failed and they have since successfully registered, you can also clear this from the system by either de-registering or canceling the registration.
To find your failed payments and complete these processes, see below:
|In the Registrations Module, select the Registrations tab then Registrations
|In the Status filter, select Failed Registration
|This will display all failed registrations within your organisation
For information regarding why the payment has failed, hover over the red exclamation mark and it will provide information such as:
- Could not locate customer's bank - the member has incorrectly entered payment information
- Bank could not process the payment - the member's bank has flagged the payment as spam and the member will need to contact their bank
- Insufficient funds - there were insufficient funds at the time of payment. If a member has paid by direct debit, this can take up to 7 days to clear and therefore if there are not sufficient funds in their account the day the payment is taken, not necessarily on the day of registration, the payment will fail.
Before clearing any payment, change the Status back to All then search for the user with a failed registration. This is so you can see if they have since re-registered successfully for that competition.
You will be able to see this by the information displayed for the user for the same competition and amount but another line that shows Registered
|If the user has not had a successful registration since their payment failed, continue to Step 8
To clear the failed registration as the user no longer owes this amount, select the 3 dots next to the failed registration. You will see multiple options.
1. Cancel registration - this will simply change the status from Failed to Canceled however the failed amount will no longer display in your finance module.
2. Retry Customer Payment - this is not required if the customer has since successfully registered.
3. Offline Payment Received - this is not required if the customer has since successfully registered.
4. Registration Change - you can use this function to de-register the participant which will change their status from Failed to De-registered
If the participant has not been able to successfully register since their failed payment and they still owe the fees from their registration, select the 3 dots next to the failed registration and you will see the same options as above.
1. Cancel Registration - if the participant is no longer requiring the registration, you can select this option
2. Retry customer payment - we recommend you first contact the member before retrying any payments on their behalf to ensure they have sufficient funds and are aware a payment will be taken from their account
3. Offline Payment Received - if the customer made the payment directly to your organisation, you can select this option to change their status from Failed to Registered
4. Registration Change - you can use this to de-register a participant from the competition if they are no longer wanting to compete
Follow this process for any failed payments depending on whether the participant has since successfully registered for that competition or is still required to pay their outstanding fees.
N.B. The competition organiser will be able to see all failed registrations within their association however the above processes can only be actioned by the organisation the participant is registered to.
Organisations with direct registrations will be able to action the failed registrations however if the participant has registered to an affiliate of your organisation, the affiliate will need to action the failed registrations.